English Language Summer Schools where students combine many social and cultural activities with their English studies.
Over the summer period, Leicester Language Academy provides flexible courses for students and individuals of all standards to learn English at an accredited English Language Learning Centre, providing formal recognition of attendance and performance, plus the possibility of studying for Cambridge exams (PET, First and CAE).
Brochures: LLA Summer Brochure 2018
All of Leicester Language Academy’s English Language Courses are based on a student’s ability measured across 4 levels, with students moving up a level as they improve:
1: Elementary Level
- Speaking skills for everyday use, pronunciation
- Understanding everyday language, building vocabulary
- Reading short texts
- Writing skills, responses, descriptions, letters
2: Pre-Intermediate Level
- Developing conversational skills, fluency and accuracy
- Improving listening, reading skills and increasing vocabulary
- Developing accurate use of grammar
- Writing short formal and informal texts
3: Intermediate Level
- Taking part in discussions, understanding different kinds of spoken English and accents
- Developing techniques for reading, general and academic
- Paragraphs, punctuation and longer writing tasks
- Planning and presentation
4: Upper-Intermediate Level
- Speech presentation, and general topic discussions
- Understanding talks, taking notes (listening / reading)
- Analysing texts, summarising, more advanced grammar
- Planning and writing of essays – to argue, persuade, discuss
Standard course (15 hours tuition + 5 hours directed study)
Allows students the freedom to extend their learning over the period of their choice.
Intensive course (20 hours tuition + 15 hours directed study
Designed for students who need to achieve their performance standards in a limited time frame.