Why Learn English in the UK at the LLA?
- Accredited English learning centre closely integrated with the academic programmes
- High quality, friendly and intimate college environment in a convenient and attractive city centre location
- Small class sizes taught by experienced tutors
- Dedicated student support for accommodation and help for you to settle in Leicester with no hidden extra charges
- A wide range of focused courses, no dilution of your objective
- Positive regular assessment and feedback
IELTS for students who need to improve their English level for university entry
English for Academic Purposes (EAP) for students wanting to improve their English as part of their academic course or studying pre-University English to achieve the entry standards for their course
English for Commercial Purposes (ECP) for students (particularly company-sponsored) improving their English in specific business or industry contexts
English as a Foreign Language (EFL) for students seeking to improve their general English, in groups, outside the structure of formal academic qualifications.
English Language Summer Schools where students combine many social and cultural activities with their English studies.
Directed Teaching for Appropriate Courses
For IELTS, EAP, and ECP students will need to show they have sufficient command of English to start a course – by showing us current certificates from a Secure English Language Test (SELT), usually IELTS or equivalent.
Within the Academy we can progress students through 5 levels; Elementary to Advanced (see table).
We can also prepare students for other examinations such as TOEFL by arrangement. We host professional training courses for Teachers (TEFL) and have access to a good range of specialist teachers and personal tutors if the need arises.
The contact hours for standard EFL are 15 hours per week and 21 hours per week for intensive EFL. The contact hours for EAP and ECP depend on your individual programme structure.
Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL Courses) in Leicester
A qualification in Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL), such as the Cambridge Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA) or the Trinity Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (Cert. TESOL), will give you many opportunities to live and work in the UK and abroad. You will meet people from many different backgrounds and cultures.
The Leicester Language Academy is one of the few organisations to offer training for English language teachers in Leicester. The Academy offers teacher training for native and near-native speakers of English who wish to become teachers and also for practising non-native teachers of English who want to improve their language skills and teaching methodologies. Our programme is delivered by our partner Kristall International who runs programmes here in Leicester at the Academy and and across the UK.
What you get with our Teaching English as a Foreign Language Course:
- Over 30 years’ experience in helping and training language teachers around the world
- Programmes delivered by experienced and skilled teacher trainers, who are also practising Teaching English as a Foreign Language
- Learning in busy and lively environment, with the latest in modern ELT multi-media resources and facilities
- Learner-centred, small classes with lots of support from your trainers
- A staged series of programmes which allow you to progress in your learning alongside your experience
- Advice and support in finding work and developing your career with our worldwide network of employment opportunities