The academic process is based on students attending classes alongside private study. Leicester Language Academy expects its students to attend all classes for which they are enrolled as well as complete all homework and other private study that is set by tutors.
Daily attendance is recorded in a central register. Attendance is also recorded by each lesson tutor for each student. If you are seriously ill and not able to attend your classes, you should inform the Academy as soon as possible in the morning. Absences may affect visa renewals for overseas students.
- You, the student, are responsible for making arrangements to ensure that your fees are paid, whether through sponsorship or paying them yourself
- It is your responsibility to inform the Academy about any sponsorship arrangements you have in place
- If your sponsor fails to pay the fees, you, the student, are liable for the total payment or any balance outstanding
- The Academy retains the right to decide what is acceptable sponsorship and whether the student should, in fact, be regarded as self-funding for fees purposes
Students who are sponsored (in full or part) for their full fee
If you are sponsored, you will be given the opportunity to highlight this when you accept our offer. Please note that selecting this option means that you will not receive an invoice; however you will not be entitled to register with the Academy until we have received satisfactory evidence of sponsorship. Please note that the Academy retains the right to decide what constitutes ‘acceptable’ sponsorship.
Satisfactory evidence of sponsorship is regarded as an original, dated, authorised letter from your sponsor, which must include the following:
- Your name and Student Registration Number (SRN)
- The programme for which you have been offered a place
- The amount of fees which will be paid by your sponsor
- The address to which the invoice should be sent
- Confirmation that the fees will be sent directly to Leicester Language Academy
This letter should be sent to the Registrar, Leicester Language Academy, 23, New Walk, Leicester. LE1 6TE
Please note that if you are sponsored or part sponsored by a member of your family or if your sponsor is paying your fees directly to you then you will be regarded as ‘self-funded’ for which please see General principles above.
How to pay
Payment must be made prior to enrolment at Leicester Language Academy. Payment is expected in full unless a payment plan has been approved prior to enrolment. Payment plans are discretionary and may attract an additional charge of 10% to cover administration costs.
Payment can be made by the following means:
- By cheque in sterling drawn from a UK bank account (made payable to Leicester Language Academy. Please ensure that the invoice number is written on the reverse of the cheque.
- All cheque payments should be sent to: The Registrar, Leicester Language Academy ????. New Walk. Leicester. LE1
- By direct transfer to the Academy’s bank account. Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure that you notify the Academy of the purpose of this payment, giving full details of your name and SRN.
Please note that any charges incurred by the Academy in receiving a student’s fees will be treated as the responsibility of the student, and fees will not be regarded as settled until these bank charges have been met in full.
Any student not paying fees will not be allowed register or, if part of an existing payment plan, attending their course until the balance has been settled.
It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that their visa is up-to-date. Please check your visa expiry date. You should allow at least 12 weeks for a visa to be renewed: we can assist with the paperwork and give you a form if required.